Review for Sherwood Forest

Absolutely beautiful course. A number of really good holes, with an excellent mix of long and short, very well placed bunkers, superb greens and some really nasty rough and heather if you get wayward.If I was being picky, then the start is a bit gentle and the 18th is a pretty straightforward finish, but some of the holes in between are a real challenge particularly in the fast running and breezy conditions that we enjoyed. The run of holes from the par 3 7th was probably our favourite, with the 7th being one of the best short holes you will evet play. With the flag at the front, it was little more than 90 yards downhill and downwind to a very narrow but very long green. Only 1 of our group found the green and he followed up with a 3 putt.It is one of those courses where you feel completely isolated from the outside world and that is always a good thing for me.Conditioning was fantastic, greens a tad slow but I am sure they can get them a lot faster. Only minor complaint would be the bunkers, several of which had very little sand in them.Overall, a really top track with very friendly members and a green fee which in my opinion is a bargain for the overall quality of the place. It deserves to be ranked much higher than it is.

Date: July 11, 2014