Review for Silloth on Solway

What a golf course Silloth On Solway is. A real mixture of links and heathland combined into 1 to give you a beautiful looking golf course with so many standout holes. The only negative is that its so far away from absolutely anywhere! There’s something about the place I just love as its so peaceful and tranquil when you’re out there. It is just awesome.

I would say that I preferred the front nine a bit more than the back however the back nine was far from shabby. Right from the start you are greeted with a tough par 4 and a blind approach shot into the green, miss it right or left and you may lose your ball. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th are also great par 4’s but all with blind tee shots. When standing on the 4th tee you must take in the beautiful view of the rest of the golf course and also out to sea as it is magnificent. I could talk through every single hole as they were all so strong and unique however you get the idea that you’ve got to play a lot of blind shots and strategy is required very much off the tee and into the greens.

I think that Silloth is not far off a great 6 ball rating however the course condition isn’t quite up to the same standard that i found other 6 ball courses so for that I will give it a very respectful 5 1/2 balls. Although its so far away, I have no doubt that I will play it again soon as I just loved it that much. It is definitely well worth the multiple hour car journey to play there so if you are anywhere up north, play it as soon as you can!

Date: August 04, 2019