Review for Silloth on Solway

There isn't much quality in terms of golf in Cumbria. Make the extra journey across the border north and there are quality courses all over the shop but Silloth is one you won't want to miss. This place marks the 32nd stop off in my journey of the top 100. I can only think of one course that beats Silloth which is Royal West Norfolk. That being said, they are both different style of links courses. I would probably call RWN slightly more straightforward and old fashioned whereas Silloth comes punching back with the history, superb bunkering and better views.

The people there are extremely friendly, I found myself chatting with multiple members all of which very proud of their course. The pro was also very accommodating, some pros can be a little sharp and in a hurry to get you in and out so it's refreshing to see someone with a passion for the game.

It's a good job I had some company for the round. It's not the most straightforward of courses to play for the first time, a couple of tee shots that need careful consideration on the front nine.

Value for money wise you won't get better, it's a fantastic venue and for that price I'd highly reccommend making the journey. You won't find many links courses as good in England.

Date: October 24, 2021