Review for Son Gual

I think this course is a tad overrated.Yes, the setting is impeccable and well maintained, the condition of the course nearly imacculate and the food in the resataurant delicious.But, and this is significant but, the course is directly in the flight path to Mallorca's Airport and thus very noisy. I fact, the planes are flying so low over the course you can see the spilled tomato juice on the aircraft passengers' laps. Also many of the holes' layout is very similar with a long and narrow green, slightly diagonal to direction of the hole with a big bunker right in front of it. I've played the course twice now and I still can't remember all the holes because you just mix them up. Birng enough to drink because there were no carts with refreshments going round the course and the dispensing machines were all broken. Beware of the course if it had a couple of days of rain before - the mosquitos will eat you alive. On my left shoulder only I had 50+ bites and normally I'm not affected a lot by insects. My wife reacts quite allergic to insect bites so this proved to be a real problem. Which made matters worse in this case was that the club officials were well aware of the problem but didn't tell you before you paid 125 EUR and left for the course and when we complained after a couple of holes the gave us a nearly empty bottle of mosquito repellant.So, all in all, a very mixed bag. We decided not play it again for the foreseeable future.

Date: May 16, 2010