Review for Son Muntaner

Son Muntaner is a course designed to exceed your expectations. I was played at middle of June 2021 (was very hot) and was really satisfied. My opinion it is one of the best course in island. I prefer to choose Alcanada as the first but Son Muntaner can fight with T-golf concering second place. Actually they are very diferent but Son Muntaner have some adventages as more attractive and visual better looking than T-golf, more acceptable green fee and also value for price. Other hand T-golf more look like to championship course. The maintenance is very similar of both fields.

First of all I touched at arrival that everywhere was careful maintenanced and staff more than players. Of course global pandemic and carantine concerning Covid-19 makes the own job but for players I guess its no bad chance to get friendly prices and comfortable game – slow or fast for your choose. Everything is well arranged and maintained – from entrance to golf club, large driving range, practice green, clubhouse, restaurant and first tee. Concerning architecture and picturesque this golf course is pretty nice and not boring with many of attractive views, hazards and hilly landscape. In general condition of fields and surroundings were pretty good, greens was soft, fast and unpredictable. Golf course is challenging (from yellow tee also), with some long par 5 and par 4 holes, especially at front nine. There you can find a lot of hazards, out of bounds and other difficulties. Accuracy and distance from tee is the key to success. For long hitters some par 5 greens are reachable by two (2nd, 15th & 16th with favorable wind). My favorite holes was No. 6, 7, 8 at front nine and 11, 14, 15 at back nine. My opinion back nine is easier than front nine. I guess many golfers have better results in back nine. Concerning picturable views is very pleasant to play here. Game success depends on wind also. Cozy clubhouse and restaurant with memorable views to golf course. Definitely buggy is recommended in hot conditions. I had chosen trolley and was in trouble after front nine when sun comes higher and stay really hot. I‘m not old man and can walk a lot, but quality of game stay worse and worse. Buggy is comfortable and good equipped (GPS, cooler and etc.).

Value for price I found high here. Staff is customer focused and courtesy are in high level.

No doubt every golf course rating is always a subject with a lot of subjectivity, depending on various criteria. I always rating by the following criteria: course complexity or challenging, fields condition (especially greens & fairways), service (only what you can get: buggie, clubs rent, condition of clubs, the amount of choice and etc. except staff and other subjective things that depends on your or staff mood), surrounding views or pleasure to the eyes and definitely value for the price. All criteries will be rating from 1 to 5 stars. Concerning Son Muntaner my personal opinion is follow:

1. Challenging – 4*+

2. Condition – 5*

3. Service - 5*

4. Surroundings - 5*

5. Value for the price - 5*

I look forward to coming back here for the next round.

Date: July 07, 2021