I have 14 rounds on The Old Course (so far) and I admit I am slightly scared to even offer any critique to this audience. It is a sacred temple to the game we all love.
But I will say a couple of things I have learned:
1. #1 is the scariest tee shot in golf; even trying to hit the largest fairway in golf.
2. Hitting the green on #18 and having a birdie putt in front of the crowd is the best feeling.
3. To me, #11 and #17 are worth the whole round.
4. And some day I will have the courage not to go long and left with my approach on #13 (and then leaving myself a 100+ foot putt).
5. My SkyCaddie subscription pays for itself for one round on The Old.
Are there people EVERYWHERE? (you need to warm up your vocal cords prior to the round) Is it a slow round? Is it quirky? Do you land in hidden bunkers? YES to all. But who cares? You are on The Old Course!
Date: January 05, 2018