Review for St Enodoc (Church)

I played this course in July 2012 on a twighlight tee time for the very reasonable sum of £40.Firstly the welcome when I arrived at the course was pleasant and maybe a little understated but the course is really what matters.The course was in beautiful condition and with a modest breeze any wayward tee shots are quickly gobbled up by the rough and made your ball difficult to find. The gentleman I played with must have lost a good 20 balls!The lumps and bumps of the fairway were majestic and proved difficult to keep the ball on the fairways at times. The greens were very fast but so smooth and true. If you want a true test of links bunkers, this course had stacks of them! They were a joy to play out of.Everything about the course screamed quality and is meticulously manicured. The variance of the holes was fantastic and required every type of shot possible. From highly elevated tee shots that catch the wind easily to the 10 hole requiring an accurate and delicate drive to fit it into the bowl of the fairway and allow yourself a shot to the green. The hole that really stuck in my mind was the par 4 6th hole with the infamous 'himalaya bunker', it was enormous and probably the biggest obstacle I have seen on a course!I have played a number of top courses around the world and by far this has been my favorite. While it is not the most difficult (Carnoustie takes that title) I can't call the course or views anything else other than perfect. You must play this course, I just wish I lived closer to play it every week!

Date: August 08, 2013

Read all reviews about St Enodoc (Church)