Review for St Enodoc (Church)

St Enodoc could be one of the world’s best courses if the holes around the church could be softened in some way. These holes are severe and not up to the incredibly high standard of the rest of the course. That said, this is one of the most exciting, brutally tough and at times awkward courses I’ve ever played. There is nothing like it anywhere and that’s what makes this golfing experience so special. I understand the course record here is only a handful under par which I can well believe as I played 8 shots worse than my handicap and I had a particularly good ball striking day and there was not much wind. The greens were the best of the seven courses I played while visiting Cornwall last April and all have plenty of movement to keep the best putter guessing. In parts St Enodoc is a difficult walk due to its hilly and undulating nature, only the fit should schedule a round here alongside Perranporth in the same day. It really could be a world top 100 course it’s just a couple of holes that let it down. However I loved it and it’s one of the most entertaining courses I’ve ever played and should NOT be missed if visiting Cornwall.

Date: May 20, 2015

Read all reviews about St Enodoc (Church)