Review for St Enodoc (Church)

There are few mixed reviews of the course below and I have come away not a lover or a hater of it. The average reviewer score is a 5-ball and that is how I determined my expectation before playing. After a bit of a rush to the 1st tee (our fault), proceeded to top the opening shot of the day 60 yards and ran up a score of 8 – this had no effect on me really enjoying this hole though. I have to say that the holes were definitely interesting to play and on the whole enjoyable – I did struggle with how the course flowed and came up with the word, awkward to describe my feelings of the holes as a collection. Earlier reviews that included ‘boring’ as a description are way off, on this course you cannot be bored. Yes there are a couple of weak ones near the church (11th and 12th) but interest levels are kept high with the uniqueness here. I made a couple of comparisons to Pennard (South Wales) during the round and if you have played both, I think you’ll understand. Best holes I think are the 6th and 7th and then the 15th (nice par-3 over the valley). Overall I have come away with a 4-ball feeling and also that whilst I agree this is a Top 100 GB&I course, not as high as 35 in my opinion.

Date: April 06, 2009

Read all reviews about St Enodoc (Church)