Review for St George's Hill (Red & Blue)

I have been fortunate enough to play this amazing course a number of times and the only way to describe it is “an experience”. From the drive through the Oligarch Mansions on the estate, to the jaw dropping clubhouse with some of the friendliest staff you’ll meet, to the food, to the view from the veranda. It all just feels special…and that’s even before we talk about the course.

If you play this course, get here early and enjoy a drink on the patio from the castle clubhouse that overlooks the 1st and the 18th holes on both the Red and Blue courses. You could get lost for hours with the view.

The course (made up of three 9’s: Red, Blue and Green) is as good an inland course as you will play in the U.K. and one of my favourites so far on my journey through England’s Top 100. The Red & Blue are the signature courses, but work is being done on the Green to bring it up to the high standards of the other two.

Every hole is different and there is genuinely not a bad hole on the course. The undulation changes, use of heather and excellent bunker placement makes this course one of prettiest you can play. The 1st on the Red is one of my favourite opening holes anywhere and special mentions go to the 5th, 6th, 8th and 9th on the Red and 3rd, 5th and 7th on the Blue. I genuinely found it tough to narrow it down to the 10 photos that Instagram allow.

This is a Harry Colt masterpiece and in my view, he is the master of the Par 3’s. The 8th on the Red is one of the best and most beautiful I have ever played. It’s worth the trip alone.

Overall and incredible golfing visit to one of the best courses in the world. I cannot wait to come back.

For all photos of reviews, please follow Chris’ Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/top.100.golf/

Date: February 22, 2020

Read all reviews about St George's Hill (Red & Blue)