Review for Streamsong (Red)

I spent 3 days at Streamsong a few years ago when only the Red and Blue were open, and the hotel had just opened. We stayed in Lakeland, about a 45 minute drive away. It's an easy drive but adds to the journey of course so next time I will surely stay on site.

The clubhouse and driving range are excellent but the two courses are something else. They are just awesome. I couldn't pick a favourite at all and enjoyed both tremendously. The terrain being a former potash (?) mine is otherworldly. This is not Florida golf like you might expect with manicured fairways. It's more of an inland links experience with miles and miles of uninterrupted vista. There's just nothing there and that makes it great in my book. It truly is an escape from the every day.

We played as a two ball and took a caddy between us. It's not a must and next time I wouldn't take a caddy as I've come to enjoy exploring courses on my own. The caddies were perfectly fine, some more rough and tumble than others but again, I'm not a fan of using caddies. Just too much small talk.

The two courses are big courses with some forced carries. Pick your tees wisely but the fairways are quite wide and you can even run up the ball to the green. I don't think these are 'hard' golf courses (like Valderrama) but I do think they are very enjoyable. It's a fun ride.

I will for sure go back to play the Black course and revisit the other two. This is easily a place for 2 nights/3 days and within easy reach of Orlando. It's an experience that I would highly recommend to the golf enthusiast.

Date: October 02, 2019

Read all reviews about Streamsong (Red)