Review for Sunningdale (Old)

So the experience does not come cheaply but how many of courses I the top 100 do? In fact, if this place was American you would be lucky to play it in your dreams, but that is what’s so great about the vast majority of British courses, you can play them!!We had a grey but mostly dry day here and from the drive in to the classic clubhouse and the service at the door we knew it would be special. The day started on the new at 8 am where we were first on and had the course to ourselves. It’s a great course in itself but old is a step up in our view.From first to last there are quality holes. Not particularly long from out tees but always enough to make you think about position and shot selection, with plenty of risk/reward options. Have to say the half way house that is at the meeting point of both courses was a nice addition and some nice sausage sandwiches to boot. Coming down 17 and 18 are a great experience and overall I would have to doubt that there is a better 36 hole venue in the UK and I feel both are reflected fairly in the rankings.. It has to be done if in town, just pretend you’re a city bigwig for the day, pay the money and enjoy the experience.

Date: July 30, 2012

Read all reviews about Sunningdale (Old)