Review for Talking Stick (O’odham)

A polarising course among the group of us who played. Personally, I thought is was understated, almost raw, completely unplugged and in many ways a refreshing contrast to more conditioned courses in the area. Admittedly I am a fan of the design team, which may have impacted my objectivity and admittedly, at times it seemed that a hole was no more than a green, a fairway and a solitary fairway bunker. However, the bunker was there for a solid strategic reason and it was always built as an attractive feature. Favourite holes were the par 4, 4th which required consideration of a bunker on the driver line but provided a double fairway, the par 4, 12th where a decision on carry distance off the tee with a creek / desert wash on the left which is very much in play for the majority of the hole and a solid, robust pair of finishing holes. The course as a whole offers different flow and orientations together with a variety of lengths. A substantial plus for me was the lack of houses on and around the site.

Date: April 16, 2020

Read all reviews about Talking Stick (O’odham)