Review for Templepatrick

I played the course on the last day of our trip. Having played 4 rounds in strong winds on the north coast it was a nice to play a round on a parkland layout.

After having an excellent buffet breakfast at the adjoining hotel we ventured onto the first hole. The course was in excellent condition, quite surprisingly as there had been heavy rain for the previous 3 days. Greens good as were the bunkers, fairways and rough. There were many pretty tree lined holes with clever bunkering and good use of water. If i were to pick out a negative it would be that it was a very flat course and in struggling to remember any insulation at all from my round.

The third hole was my pick, having to hit the second shot over a long stretch of water was new to me and really made it stand out when recapping my round. I thought the course didn’t have many weak holes, and finished with a good risk/reward par 5.

I’m not sure i’d make a b line for the course next time i travel to Northern Ireland but for anyone who is looking for golf close to the airport then this course won’t let you down. It has a very respectable green fee and an excellent breakfast and would be ideally suited for travelling parties.

Date: April 21, 2020