Review for Thetford

Played Thetford in Mid Feb, on a warm pleasant day. Firstly, it's very unassuming, it's a friendly place with no airs and graces, your here to play golf !

To the golf course, the first is a great par 3, followed by a lovely par 4 dog leg, then another par 3 over the road, and two more brilliant par 4's, how is this only £40 !! this is my kind of place, with heather, pines, gorse, shape & slopes.

But then we have the 'middling bit' 6, 7, 8 & 9, not bad holes, but out of character, and as mentioned elsewhere, samey.

Then we're back on track, as we come back to the 'originals' with possibly the 14th being a favourite.

My one gripe would be the encroaching trees around the tee boxes especially that hide the fairways, it's a beautiful place, it would be nice to see it from the tee more, and it makes it feel a bit gimmicky, which it doesn't need to be.

From my personal taste, if they could do some tree clearance work, it could be a really fantastic heathland track, who needs another parkland course, and maybe just add some bunker interest, or shape to 7, 8 & 9 and Thetford would easily merit a 5*

Well worth the visit, go and have a look...…….

Date: February 27, 2019