Review for Tiverton

First played Tiverton a couple of years ago in teaming rain and my over-riding impression was of a lot of approach shots to concealed pins. Thought I should revisit on a better day and I did on a warm summers day in August 2020. I would say course condition was about average with good greens but poor bunkers (variable sand and even allowing for covid I would have thought they would have been raked on the day of an open competition). Very much parkland, the front nine seemed more hilly than the back, whilst there seem to a lot of side by side fairways on the back nine separated by trees. Overall the round didn't seem to flow, not helped by a noticeable change since my last visit; the 12th has been altered from a par 4 to a par 3 due to an adjacent housing development. I thought the first six holes were probably the better holes although I didn't like the 3rd which was an uphill par 5 and was steeply sloping left to right. Favourite hole was probably the very short 4th, despite hitting a decent shot and cascading off the bank on the right hand side of the green off the left side down an embankment ! Overall a reasonable place for an occasional game especially if parkland is your thing.

Date: August 24, 2020