Review for Toronto

I am surprised that Toronto is not listed higher, I think it top 10 or 5 depending on your tastes. I can understand that it may not be as highly visited as other courses and course privacy must be respected. I think Toronto is extremely well-routed, has exceptional holes and especially sublime green complexes (my favorite is the 5th, one of my favorites anywhere). Toronto is a low-lying, subtle course with a very high level of overall quality, in some players' eyes perhaps suffering from a subtle rather than nearly-impossible final hole as is the current vogue in design. Discrepancies in tastes and what constitutes the "best" will lead to differing opinions, but one should never pass on Toronto Golf. Multiple types of terrain and looks are seen, angles come into play on nearly all play holes and strategies are often determined from the green backward depending on a particular pin placement.Personally it is my favorite of the top two you have listed + Toronto GC, but I have not played all of the top 10 listed in Canada, but surely it is of a quality deserving inclusion in the ten.

Date: August 19, 2007