Review for TPC Louisiana

Imagine the thrill of playing in the Zurich Classic Pro-Am.

When we pulled up to the stately clubhouse at TPC Louisiana, I realized I was about to do what most golf fans only dream of doing. You see, for the first time ever, I would be playing in a PGA Tour event. Truly, I was so taken in by the entire scene that all I could think to do was snap pictures. TPC Louisiana Golf Course - Gonzalo Fernández-Castaño and Dave Finn Before I knew it, it was time to find our teams and at this point, I think I was honestly vibrating. Let’s face it, playing a Dye course is challenging in its own right, but playing with a pro ups the ante.

As I slipped ‘behind the ropes’, I realized how privileged I was to have this chance to get a taste of tournament life, something you can’t really witness from the gallery or appreciate watching the big screen. I was out of my comfort zone but excited at the same time. Fortunately, we were paired with Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, a seven-time European champion who was not only a great golfer but also a real gentleman. From the moment we stepped onto the first tee to pose for our individual pictures with him, he put us at ease. The best advice he gave us was to not focus on our scorecards but simply enjoy our day and I did! The only way I can describe how I felt when we finished our round was this was an experience of a lifetime!

Pete Dye was given the task to design a course worthy of a tour TPC Louisiana Golf Course - Photo by reviewer event, on 250 acres of wetlands that border the Mississippi River delta. What transpired in 2005 was a stadium layout that consistently ranks in the best golf courses you can play in America.

Even though the terrain is relatively flat, there over 100 bunkers and five ponds to contend with. The fairways are framed by tall stands of cypress and oak trees and the enormous waste bunkers will definitely catch your attention.

As a proud member of the Audubon Golf Trail, TPC Lousiana is dedicated to using indigenous vegetation and responsible management to protect the natural environment.

There are many signature holes here but my favourite stretch TPC Louisiana Golf Course - Photo by reviewer would be 15 through 18. The finishing hole here maybe one of the stongest on the tour. Two giant waste bunkers and a large pond protects the entire right side on this dog-leg right par-5. But there are eight more sand bunkers to avoid in order reach this peninsula green unscathed.

This semi-private course offers tee-times and packages for the general public. Golf where the pros play and I’ll guarantee you’ll see a gator or two!

To read more about golf in Lousiana visit Dave Finn's website at: http://golftravelandleisure.com/category/united-st...

Date: January 05, 2018