Review for Trinity Forest

I can't help but think that Coore and Crenshaw took the best of their designs, mixed in elements of Doak's Ballyneal and then put it all in an Ireland/Scotland blender to come up with this course. The result is fun and challenging course but mostly fun.

You have to think your way around the course as the challenges are apparent (or hidden) from the tee box and second shots but the fairways are wide enough to accommodate mishits and the conditioning is impeccable shape with sparse rough allowing for recovery shots. The greens have outrageous undulations but that adds to the fun of picking a 7 iron, putter, heck even a 3 wood to get around them.

Plus the staff is very friendly and the practice facilities are the best I have seen anywhere.

Although I have not played Chambers Bay or Erin Hills, from all the pictures and footage I have seen, this course gives off a very similar vibe and challenge as those courses offer and I think this course will be in the upper reaches of the rankings, like those courses, very shortly.

If you are in the DFW area and get a chance to play this course, definitely do it! It is my favorite in the area and one of the best I have played so far.

Date: January 05, 2017