Review for Troia

I played Troia in early September and really enjoyed the course. The staff are very friendly and the clubhouse has everything you need, including a very nice cafe/restaurant for the non golfer.

The driving range is functional but I did not try the short game area. The putting green is ample in size and represents the greens well.

Now to the course, I really enjoyed my round. I played alone using a golfboard and whizzed around in under 3 hours. There were not many people on the course in the late afternoon. I honestly did not find a weak hole and thought the routing was wonderful through the 'beachy' areas and trees. It really is a wonderful setting and each hole gives you something to think about. You don't need to hit driver from every tee, but can attack the green from various angles using various clubs.

The greens were running well but are quite small which places an emphasis on approach play or your short game.

I'm not an expert of golf course architecture but Troia is a wonderful course on a wonderful parcel of land. It's a 'fun' course, challenging yes but not overly penal for the average golfer. I would gladly play it every day of the week and not get bored.

Look forward to going back!

Date: October 02, 2019