Review for Trump Turnberry (Ailsa)

A scorching- hot june day with a stiff southerly breeze saw me teeing up with an iron on the 1st, as I was determined to avoid the 150+ bunkers on the revised Ailsa Course, (I only visited one). The starter was courteous and helpful as he wished me a good round. I scored well, and was delighted to par the lovely short 4th by the Firth of Clyde. The subsequent holes did not disappoint, and I revelled in the beauty from the 9th and 10th holes. Surely there is noe a better golf view in the world! The fairways were running fast, and along with the warm air this carried my ball further than usual. I was able to make birdie on the difficult 16th hole from a tricky approach shot across the green-hugging burn.By now I didn't want the round to end, and I thought of Tom Watson, and all that he achieved as I putted out on the 18th.This is my type of course - much preferable to the parkland where I usually play. I can safely say that The Ailsa is the greatest course I have ever played, and it was a privelege to be out on the Ailsa Course on a day like this. It really was dream come true!

Date: July 03, 2010

Read all reviews about Trump Turnberry (Ailsa)