Review for Tucker's Point

I played a round here in mid-June 2019, had a wonderfully sunny and clear day to enjoy the spectacular views the course affords from numerous holes. It's a parkland layout which is extremely hilly, impossible to walk in the warmer months unless you enjoy an endurance test. I hugely enjoyed my visit here; it's the typical US Tucker's Point Golf Course - Photo by reviewer country club slick service from the moment you arrive, dine well in the club house before teeing it up and enjoy a cool drink on the veranda post round. The course itself was in good condition, even though I played from the tips it’s not overly long but it does demand you to be accurate from the tee or end up playing from an incline either above or below your feet. The rough is kept low and overall condition was good, I visited the well sited bunkers several times but it was little disappointing to find several hard packed making sand shots something of a lottery. On the day I played the greens were recovering from maintenance and were heavily sanded however they still had a decent amount of Tucker's Point Golf Course - Photo by reviewer pace in them and the member I played with said they are very fast in normal conditions. I felt the back 9 better of the two, it was enjoyable to hit from the elevated tees on 12 and 13, the short par 4 17th has the stunning view of the eastern end of the island and the chance to reach the green if you can hit your drive 280 yards+! I played on a Thursday afternoon and we had the course to ourselves, weekends are busier but they have marshals out to police the pace of play, a welcome addition all clubs should have. Overall definitely worth playing if you’re in Bermuda, it’s next to the Mid Ocean Club so easy to combine for a 36 hole day out.

Date: June 17, 2019