Review for Vilamoura (Old)

This was the 5th out of 6 rounds in our journey to Portugal and was one of the ones I wanted most to play due to it's history (will again host Portuguese Masters in 2018) and because I am a bigger fun of old fashion tracks instead of the new era Real Estate Development Vilamoura (Old) Golf Course - Photo by reviewer Courses.

Said this we were received very friendly by the crew and we had a blast in a fantastic 25C sunny day.

The course plays rather like a parkalnd with some holes neighbouring others and some others just alone separated from the rest. And it was in excellent shape, fairways just perfect and greens rolling true and fast as most of the ones we played this week.

Greens were a fact, tough to interpret and rad, in a bad day of putting as I had you can have a nightmare, not being able to make putts that to the eye seemed easy.

Holes I would like the highlight: Vilamoura (Old) Golf Course - Photo by reviewer

- Par 3 4th: short and nice over the water and one tree I would take out as it bothers shorter hitters.

- Fantastic par 3 6th downhill with a great green complex breaking left to right.

- Par 4 7th up the hill and dogleg, one of the toughest tee shots.

- WOW! Par 4 8th 450yds from the mid tees down the hill and then up. And another one of those grees were the breaking of the putting line was tough to fin.

- Short par 4 9th is like a break, easily reachable but miss it Vilamoura (Old) Golf Course - Photo by reviewer either side and be prepared for your funeral.

- Par 4 13th might look unfair as it is tough to get the fairway, but there you find that driver is not the option, better get short and a longer second iron.

- Par 5 16th is long and with a third shot up the hill, another one of the good ones.

What would I change? Some trees in the line of play don't bother scratch golfers but are really a problem for older guys and those who don't hit it high. Take them away to make it a better experience for everybody. I loved it!

Date: May 19, 2018

Read all reviews about Vilamoura (Old)