Founded by fifty respected Rhode Island residents in 1924, Warwick Country Club engaged Donald Ross to lay out a 9-hole course for the membership a year after it was formed. It then took thirty years until Geoff Cornish was asked to add another nine in order to fashion a full 18-hole layout.
The following decades saw modifications made to the clubhouse, the construction of a swimming pool, and the introduction of paddle tennis to the club's list of recreational activities. Ron Prichard was also called in at the end of the 1990s to complete a course restoration project.
Today, the layout measures around 6,500 yards from the back tees, playing to a par of 69, with views of Narragansett Bay from every hole on the scorecard. It really is seaside golf of the highest order at Warwick, where winds blow in off the estuary in a different direction on a daily basis.