Review for Warwickshire (Earls)

I played the Kings course on 22nd December, in a group of 8 of mixed ability (6 to 28 handicap) after some reasonably heavy weather and found the course in surprisingly good condition - the greens were subtle and fast.The four 9 holes loops previously mentioned have now been merged into the Kings and Earls courses. The Kings the course favours big hitters generally.The pace of play was reasonably fast, contrary to previous reports, but on a course set up for corporate golf I guess this can be a lucky dip when these kind of events are on, I’ve played on 2 corporate days here in the last 2 years, and it’s been generally OK for speed.I managed to lose a ball on the 190yard 8th which has a 170 yard carry over water, thankfully I wasn’t the only one of my group to do so!It’s always worth calling to see what deals they have available, we got bacon roll and coffee, 18 holes and one course lunch for under £30 a head for a group of 8. We did have to start from the 10th as the members get priority tee times for the mornings.Definitely worth a visit if you’re in the Midlands.

Date: January 02, 2009

Read all reviews about Warwickshire (Earls)