Review for WeaverRidge

I wish I could rank this higher being one of the few decent public options in my home state. But having played it three times over the years, its simply not a memorable experience. I have no need to go back having already seen it three times. There are literally a thousand houses on the course and several holes go right through the neighborhoods, and I can forgive that if the course is still great to an extent, however, the housing takes away from the aesthetics, no other way to sugar coat it.

The conditioning has never been top notch either. Its ok, but the course gets a lot of play, there are several holes that flood and don't drain properly and the summer heat just burns them up. I will say one thing, from the tips, it is a good test, but nothing to spend a weekend going to see. Just go straight to Deere Run and play it twice or maybe pair it with Cog Hill. I think with the limited number of public options in Central Illinois, this course will remain relevant and probably ok financially, however, there is no need to plan a trip around it.

Date: February 19, 2020