William Langford and Theodore Moreau designed the original 9-hole course at West Bend Country Club, which opened in 1930. Thirty years would pass before an additional nine was appended by David Gill to form a regulation 18-hole layout.
Unfortunately, the second nine holes were laid out in a different style to the first nine so in 2008 the club engaged St Louis-based architect Kye Goalby – who was familiar with the design style of Langford & Moreau – to restore the course to the way it might have looked eighty years previously.
This initially involved the removal of trees and the reconstruction of bunkers on the original nine but work then started on the other holes with the 14th in 2012 and by the summer of 2019, holes 10 to 15 had also been refurbished. The last three holes are still to be completed.