Review for West Hill

I played the course on a pleasant Sunday afternoon in May '15. Several members confessed to being horrified at the condition of the post-winter greens, but I didn't find this to be much of an issue. A very enjoyable course to play with a nice variety of holes in a terrific wooded setting. Not brutally difficult, but not easy by any means either. Pace of play was a bit slow, but I teed of late in the day in perfect weather on a Sunday, so no surprise there (at least for an American). This is the easiest to find of the Three Ws, as Woking in particular requires some local navigation ability. I really cannot elevate one of these three courses above the others, as the styles are similar without being identical. West Hill is perhaps a bit flatter than the other two, but still challenging (at least for a double digit handicapper such as me). Course conditioning was very good overall and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating either. Take my advice: play all three and decide for yourself. You WILL NOT go wrong.

Date: May 21, 2015