Review for West Lancashire

West Lancashire does not quite get the credit it deserves as it is surrounded by the likes of formby, hillside, S&A and Birkdale all nearby. As West Lancashire is given a Liverpool postcode I feel like it doesn’t quite get the same recognition as the Southport courses, yet it is equally as good! As soon as we entered through the gates we knew we were going to be in for a real treat and a fantastic links course was ahead of us. The general vibe of the golf club was good and everyone was very friendly with us. The condition of the course was immaculate with the greens rolling very well, the bunkers being fantastic and the fairways and tees being cut beautifully.

The par 3s were fantastic with my favourite of them being the 3rd hole. A short hole measuring only 160 yards from an elevated tee, well protected by bunkers to the right and a narrow green to hit to with many run offs. A few other favourites of mine would be the par 4 8th which was a very long hole playing about 430 yards. A blind tee shot followed by a tough approach shot with a slightly raised green to hit into. For me holes 13,14 and 15 were a fantastic stretch of holes on the back nine. 13 was a short par 4 with a trio of bunkers up the left hand side of the fairway. 14 plays as the hardest hole on the course at 430 yards with a blind tee shot but a beautiful 2nd shot into the green with trees running up the right hand side. 15 was a short par 4 dog leg right requiring an accurate tee shot and hidden bunkers around the green making it a very challenging hole.

When I look back at West Lancs golf club I realise that there are no real weak holes on the entire golf course with each hole bringing a new challenge. I really enjoyed my round there and definitely plan on returning back to play there again soon!

Date: August 03, 2019