Review for Western Gailes

Played this magnificent course as part of the Gailes experience in 2012. Dundonald and Glasgow Gailes are obviously excellent courses but WG is in another league. I’m from Australia and I would like to play every links course in the world. Luckily I have an English wife so for the past 10 years my annual trip has been to the UK therefore most years I get to pick and choose a place to stay for a week. When I chose Troon I was not interested in the Royal course, leave that till later, but did play these 3 along with the municipal courses (Darley a cracker) and Barassie. WG was simply stunning. The starter let me know in no uncertain terms it was far superior to GG and DD and I think everybody would have to agree. I won’t bore you with hole by hole descriptions, all you need to know is it is a course that is simply fantastic. Of the 33 links I have played so far (using True Links’ 246 as THE list) this is #2 behind the Old course. I can't believe there are, according to this website, 20 odd links courses better than this. I can't wait!

Date: May 20, 2015