Review for Whispering Pines

In 2005 I was Argentina Captain for the Spirit and spent 5 days at Whispering Pines. Up to that moment it was the best course I had ever played. Whispering Pines Golf Course - Photo by reviewerAfter 2 days experiencing Houston, on Monday morning we were taking to Whipsring Pines for the Sponsors ProAm. My team played with a Local guy and I carried TWO bags, as there were not enough caddies and course was soked wet due to rain. On Tuesday for practice day I was allowed to play (from the Championship tees, 7200yds) with my team and I really enjoyed it. Made some birdies and some doubles as well, greens were extremely fast and missing a green was a sure bogey. I remember holing a 50ft putter for birdie on 17th which had 3 different brakes. The course is a typical Nicklaus, but with perfect tifway greens, excellent fairways, killerWhispering Pines Golf Course - Photo by reviewer rough, a lot of water and very big crocodiles in the river by the course. Like Cypress Point it has 2 consecutive par 3s, short 15th and very tough 16th where you go over water carrying 200yds. Final hole is a very tough par 4 where birdies were impossible to get. Best holes were par 5 5th, par 4 11th, par 4 14th were Jason Day playing with us got it to 3 feet and made eagle. What was special of that event is that many of the players are now on Tour and some of them VERY SUCCESSFUL: Sophie Walker, Paige Mackenzie, Felicity Johnson, Anti Ahokkas, Edoardo Molinari, Day, Sam Saunders, Jamie Moul, Oliver Fisher, MARTIN KAYMER and many more. It is a great memory having participated on that event.

Date: March 18, 2016