Review for Wick

We played Wick several years ago, but I remember it very clearly, which is clearly a good sign. Like many links it's much better than it appears from the road as you drive in.

As per other reviews, the outward 9 is on flatter inland terrain with quite a bit of moss on the first few holes that were to be targeted in the future.

After 8 holes going straight north, the par 3 9th "Tern" takes you to the dunes, and then it all kicks off.

There are a run of tees in the dunes that remind one a little of RCP and Royal Aberdeen with testing drives, albeit with a scenic large rusting shipwreck on the beach when we played which I can't see in any photos or mentioned in reviews, so maybe it's been removed or I imagined it !

The round went by too quickly and we had a great post round drink with a couple of members who were somewhat startled to find visitors (this is before the North Coast 500). There's not much other golf in the vicinity, and incorporated with visits to John o'Groats and Duncansby Head it's a great day out from Dornoch through some of the starkest scenery to be found in Britain.

Date: March 19, 2019