Review for Wildernesse

Sometimes you play a course and you just love it. You don’t know really why it stands out but it does, maybe you play well, maybe the course just appeals to what you like but that is what happened to me at the Wildernesse.

Having finished work for the week we met to play a course that we have spoken about for 30 years since my dad moved to Sevenoaks and finally we turned up as a two ball to tee off.

Maybe it was that the Pro let us on at County Card Rates, maybe it was him suggesting we go off 10 to avoid getting caught up or may be it was 2 birdies in the first 5 holes. I think it was a little of it all, plus a course that as 18 holes flows perfectly.

I am not saying it is the greatest course in the world, it isn’t, but today it was the perfect place to be. The course is in immaculate condition, the greens are true and fast and there a number of holes that are really good, in fact really really good. 2, 5, 9, 15, 16 and 17 I really enjoyed. Over a beer at the end we talked about how good it was and after going through a number of courses we both agreed it was better than Tandridge which I believe at the time of writing is a higher ranked course.

If you like parkland courses make the effort to play, if you don’t make the effort to go and play.

Lovely course.