Review for Wisley (Church & Garden)

I was fortunate to be invited as a guest of a member in May and I felt compelled to write a review.

In summary, the course condition was sensational. It's the stand-out element of the club that warrants recognition. You would find it a challenge to locate a better example of how to prepare and manicure a golf course anywhere in the United Kingdom. The hand cutting of the bunkers, coupled with the speed of the run off areas, the perfectly flat tee boxes and impeccable greens (11.5 on the day we played), made it a pleasure to play, it is visually stunning.

The practice facilities are also a stand-out example of what a true club can offer its members. Greens, a short game area, I counted 6 or 7 bunkers, and a full grass range that allows use of drivers are all on offer. Each sat around a café and performance centre and all clearly designed to create a space to improve and embrace the game.

The standout holes were Church 2, a long par 5 that we played directly into the wind, with water running the length of the course on the right of the hole. Church 9 was perhaps the prettiest of holes, a dog leg left to right, surrounded by water at the green with an abundance of trees and flowers surrounding the green.

The course and experience is above and beyond any expectation I had before hand. Having wanted to play here for 20+ years I was thrilled to get the chance and hope to get another in future.

If you get a chance to play here, don't let it pass you by!

Date: June 12, 2017

Read all reviews about Wisley (Church & Garden)