Review for Woburn (Duke's)

Ok this review won't go down well but here goes. Played the Dukes today and was impressed with the overall condition. Given the weather and money available I expected it to be in top condition and it was. Fairways and approaches superb and greens true but a little slow. I can see the appeal of the third but come on it's not that great! I was underwhelmed by the front nine and felt the back nine was much much better but certainly not as good as the Marquess or many of the other courses in the top 100. I played Wildernesse in Kent last week which isn't in the rankings and that is a better layout with better greens. I am lucky enough to play most of the top courses in the UK and whilst we had a good day I wouldn't go rushing back. Clubhouse and facilities are very good and staff very welcoming. Last three holes made for great end to our match but don't go on a Monday as it's ladies day and they have no idea when it comes to etiquette for letting people through. I play off 1 and my playing partner 16 and he summed it up perfect - "looks lovely but a lot of the holes feel the same".

Date: July 21, 2014

Read all reviews about Woburn (Duke's)