Review for Woking

Woking receives many accolades, particularly from architects as well as some locals to the London area. And there are some architectural features that are very cool such as on the fourth hole.

Yet of all the golf courses I have played, I found Woking to be the one that did not meet the expectations of its reputation. For me it was a relatively straightforward golf course not requiring a lot of thinking on the tee or with one's second shot.

The greens are excellent as is noted in the other reviews and I believe that is the strength of the golf course. Obviously it is too short for the long hitter who is near scratch; they would not improve their game by playing here.

This is a course I have only played once, which is a rarity for me. I do want to play it again to see what I might have missed.

Is it worth playing? Absolutely if you are in the area. But I would certainly agree with others who would put the two at Walton Heath/Sunningdale/The Berkshire/Wentworth (2 of 3), Swinley Forest, Worplesdon, and New Zealand ahead of it.

Date: September 28, 2019