Review for Woodhall Spa (Hotchkin)

After reading the wide range of opinions on this site, I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this course. Like many others we drove up and played the Bracken one day and the Hotchin the next. The Bracken is a fun course and good warm up for the main event and it's greens are very challenging due to the huge contours on them. But the Hotchin was the course we'd come to play and I needn't have worried - what a great course! It's quite tight - and although it maybe a platitude - the advice to be 'straight & long' is crucial. Although there's a lack of elevation changes this is more than compensated for by the design and bunkering, you also need to think about plotting your way around and good course management was the key to good scores in our party.It was in fantastic condition considering the amount of footfall here and the greens were impeccable, the staff were very helpful and the lucky members were a nice bunch.Great value, have re-booked for next year, pity it's such a long way from anywhere!

Date: July 05, 2011

Read all reviews about Woodhall Spa (Hotchkin)