Review for Worksop

I love this golf course. It is often overlooked by it’s near neighbour Lindrick and the top quality courses of Notts, Sherwood and Coxmoor, but this heathland course is a class act.

Yes, it has a few quirky holes, such as the dog leg 4th and 5th, but there are some standout holes as well.

The opening couple of holes are relatively gentle, with a short up hiller 1st followed by the 2nd coming back down. The par 3 3rd can play anything from a 5-6 iron to 3-4 iron depending on the wind. I have seen people take driver here. The short dog leg holes follow and these are fun especially the 5th. The 6th is a lovely par 5 but is a chance to get a birdie - plays through a narrow funnel of trees to a lovely shaped green. I love the 9th which is a tough par 4 that plays down to the further point in the course away from the clubhouse. The 11th is a lovely short par 3 and then it’s followed by 3 tough holes. I love the 17th and whilst I’m not a fan of par 3 finishes, the 18th at Worksop is a lovely par 3 with oob and the car park to your right and a sloping right to left green directly in front of the clubhouse. A par here is good.

This a lovely golf course always kept in pristine condition with a welcoming and friendly staff. I have hosted golf days here and the guests have always commented on what a superb course it is. Yes its not Notts but it’s a great course and I recommend playing it

Date: July 17, 2019