Review for World Golf Village (King & Bear)

It was my second time playing this course being the previous one in 2017 during The Players Week and surprised I had not reviewed it. It was played the day after we played Slammer and Squire so it is perfect to do the contrast between both of them, where K&B stands a little bit higher in course quality and design plus some memorable holes.

The first fact is these 2 courses World Golf Village (King & Bear) Golf Course - Photo by reviewer are just a couple of miles apart from each other and the color of the grass was totally different, where in this one it was stronger green like emerald while at S&S it was kind of grey green, to the sight K&B was a lot nicer.

It was played during a 32 golfers outing for one week in the area and again the organization was perfect, crew very helpful and everything in place at the right time. The only black dot I would put is this is a “play at your own risk property” signal they have in the proshop. We had a huge thunderstorm and play was stopped for 2hs on our own, because the Marshalls will not. I feel being in an area where storms are common, this should be addressed.

My feeling about the course improved from my first visit in 2017, I liked it a lot. Very well kept, greens rolling at a very good speed, fairways in very nice shape and some really good golf holes:

- The stretch of par 5 th, par 3 6th World Golf Village (King & Bear) Golf Course - Photo by reviewer and par 5 7th is just spectacular, the first one with 2 carries over water, then the short 3 and a good birdie chance plus tough 7th where going in 2 is possible but it is very tough to hold the ball there.

- Par 4 9th plays very similar to same hole at PGA West Stadium course, long and tough.

- 15th and 16th where the 2 holes chosen by Arnold and Jack as their favourites, first one a short 4 where going for it needs a carry over water and 16th has a very demanding second shot.

Many classic features from both The King Arnold and The bear Jack make this course special, you are close to the Hall of Fame and 30mins from TPC Sawgrass. During The Players Week this is a must play.

Date: June 26, 2019

Read all reviews about World Golf Village (King & Bear)