Review for Yas Links

Played Yas a number of times while in the UAE. It's a spectacular setting and a strong design by Kyle Philips. I've enjoyed every visit and keep coming back. You can get some good tee time deals by checking their website or calling in on the day.

The front 9 are somewhat tamer than the back 9 which often play into the wind in the late afternoon. That makes 14-18 a long walk with tough shots into the wind. Sure, Yas Links is a 'faux' links course but done extremely well. The conditioning is very good and the greens always in top condition. I've taken both carts and walked the course, and walking is fine except if it's too hot of course. There is also a good range and a small short game area plus a 9 hole par 3 practice course (which I think is lit at night).

The clubhouse has a nice terrace overlooking the 18th green, and around the corner from the 9th, and it's a good place for an after round drink. The food is good too. Given the proximity to the race track, you sometimes hear the pitch of high-revving engines but it's not something I mind.

I would strongly recommend Yas Links if you're in the region. Abu Dhabi is just two hours from Dubai and it's well worth the drive. I'd also play Abu Dhabi National and perhaps Saadiyat while in the area.

Date: October 19, 2019