Zaudin - Southern Spain - Spain

Spain

• Not known

• Gary Player

• Daniel Lozano Barceló

One of only a handful of Gary Player golf course designs in Western Europe, Club Zaudin Golf burst onto the Spanish golf scene in the early 1990s. Situated a mere ten-minute car journey from downtown Seville, this 18-hole, par 71 course is routed over gently undulating land, through olive groves and around lakes, with a good number of palm and orange trees thrown into the arboreal mix for good measure.

Fairways are generously proportioned and greens are reasonably contoured (both factors obviously contributing to the low slope rating of the course), allowing golfers of all abilities to fully enjoy a round on this residential estate without getting beaten up in the process. As quoted by the club professional, Zaudin is “a very pleasant course because distances are of an intermediate range, fairways are wide, greens are ample and undulating, without abrupt falls – particularly gratifying for those with a high handicap”.

The round starts and finishes strongly, with arguably the best (and toughest) two holes played at the end of the round. The 17th (stroke index 1) and 18th (stroke index 3) each measure around a hefty 440 yards with water all the way down the left from tee to green. Par is further protected by a number of formidable bunkers that guard the putting surfaces on both holes so there’s no easy finish to the round at Zaudin!

Reviews for Zaudin

Description: One of only a handful of Gary Player golf course designs in Western Europe, Club Zaudin Golf burst onto the Spanish golf scene in the early 1990s. Rating: 3 out of 6 Reviews: 2

Zaudin is one of the better clubs in Seville and we really enjoyed it a lot.

The course was in excellent condition, with relatively few players out on it (possibly because this was a seriously hot afternoon and the good people of Seville seem to fancy the pool more than the golf course in those conditions!) I very much liked the course design and there are a few holes that will stick in my memory for a long time. The best of these is undoubtedly 17, where water is in play throughout the hole and a good shot to the green can give particular satisfaction.

I would recommend using a buggy - there are some long distances between some of the holes.

The pro shop is OK but nothing to write home about.

The bar seems fine, but it does not have a very "golf" feel to it, more a meeting place for the well heeled members of the country club.

Zaudin
June 15, 2016

My wife and I played here today. The course is not in good shape, the fairways are ok but the greens are not well kept. We rented clubs and they are terrible clubs. At least 15 years old. I would not recommend coming here, at 59 Euro this was not good value
Zaudin
October 09, 2012

Club Zaudin Golf
August 14, 2014
Dear Sir, we are sorry that you did not have a good experience at our golf course. Since 2012 we have changed our rental clubs sets. Around the dates you wrote this comment, I think the hollow tinned just had be made, not being the best moment of our field. Anyway I invite you to come back to our course on your next trip to Seville to confirm on your own that this experience was just an unpleasant coincidence. Sincerely, Adela Callejon Reservation Club Zaudin Golf