The course at Parkview Golf Club was established in 1916 when LB Waters, the four-time winner of the South African Open, set out a series of golf holes along a long, narrow green belt...
The Randpark course (now called Firethorn) was established in the mid-1960s when the golf club acquired some land adjacent to their Windsor Park (now called Bushwillow) course...
Jack Nicklaus officially opened his new Signature course at the long-established Houghton Golf Club in 2011. The course is not brutally long but relies on strategic bunkering to protect par.
Greg Norman designed the golf course at the Eye of Africa Golf & Residential Estate and it’s the Great White Shark’s first South African ensemble, which opened in 2010...
Named after the game reserve in Kenya, the Masai Mara course at the Serengeti Golf & Wildlife Estate was designed by the Golden Bear and opened for play in June 2009.
The 18-hole parkland golf course at Irene Country Club dates back to 1912 but it was remodelled in more recent times by Phil Jacobs Design.
In 2007, the Matkovich & Hayes Golf Course Design and Construction Company developed the course at the Ebotse Golf & Country Estate in a disused sand quarry.
Bryanston plays very long (7,400 yards from the back markers) and the tone is set for the round with back-to-back par fives at the opening two holes.
Situated in the suburbs of Pretoria, Wingate Park Country Club was established as a Jewish golf society, as can be discerned from the Star of David incorporated into the club’s logo.
Designed by Robert Trent Jones in the early 1970s, the fairways of the Killarney Country Club’s golf course are strung out on a long, narrow strip of land beside the M1 highway close to Johannesburg city centre.