Founded in 1898, Hessle Golf Club moved to its current site at Raywell in 1975 due to the construction of the Humber Bridge. Peter Alliss and Dave Thomas designed the new parkland course which measures more than 6,600 yards from the back tees.
A 1914 Dr Alister MacKenzie production, the course at Oakdale Golf Club is a pleasant, undulating parkland track configured with two returning 9-hole loops. An attractive stream called Oak Beck comes into play at both the 9th and 18th holes.
Middlesbrough Golf Club was founded in 1908 at Saltersgill, but three decades later the club upped sticks to an undulating parcel of land a mile or so further south, commissioning James Braid to lay out the parkland course that’s in play today.
Dating back to 1912 the course at Garforth Golf Club is one of a number of Alister MacKenzie’s Yorkshire productions and the good doctor made good use of the Cock Beck which snakes its way across the course.
Founded in 1895 as Dore Golf Club, the undulating parkland course in play today at Abbeydale Golf Club is a Golden Age Herbert Fowler creation, set within the medieval Beauchief Estate on the southwestern outskirts of Sheffield.
Rudding Park's Hawtree course was designed by the renowned golf architect Martin Hawtree and provides a stern test to handicap.
Founded in 1894, Doncaster Golf Club moved to its present location near Rossington (known as “The Warren”) in 1909 to a layout designed by Alister MacKenzie. Hawtree & Son remodelled the course in 1978 to make way for the M18 motorway.
Golf at Brough dates back to 1891 when the club played over a rudimentary 9-hole course, but the official formation of Brough Golf Club was not recognised until 1893. Further land was acquired on the opposite side of Mill Lane West and the club added nine further holes in 1905.
Golf began at Wortley in 1894 on the old deer park in the shape of a rudimentary 9-hole course, which was extended to 18 holes in 1908 by Alfred Ernest Turnell, Wortley Club Captain and an associate of Alister MacKenzie.
The “new” 18-hole course at Hull Golf Club, designed by James Braid, dates to 1925 and its opening was marked by an exhibition match between the architect, J.H. Taylor, Charles Whitcombe and Arthur Havers.