County Wexford covers an area of over 900 square miles in the south east corner of Ireland, making it the largest county in the province of Leinster. It shares boundaries to the north and west with Waterford, Kilkenny, Carlow and Wicklow while its east and southern flanks face onto the Irish Sea.
There are a dozen golf courses in County Wexford, two of which (Tara Glen and Tuskar Rock) are 9-hole layouts. Rosslare’s Old course, designed in 1928 by Fred Hawtree and JH Taylor, is the only championship links layout in the south east of Ireland and it’s complemented by the 12-hole Burrow course which opened in 1992. The Old course was used for the Irish Amateur Close Championship way back in 1934 and it also hosted the All Ireland Cups and Shields Finals in 2005 when teams from North West, Fortwilliam, Warrenpoint, The Island and Castleblayney claimed the five items of silverware that were up for grabs.