Point Judith Country Club was established in 1894 but the golfing element of its sporting activities only really took off when Donald Ross added nine holes to the club’s existing 9-hole layout in 1927.
A Donald Steel and Tom Mackenzie design, the Carnegie Abbey Club is routed across wetlands where the Battle of Rhode Island was fought. Constructed with a light touch, it contains few sand traps and four holes are bunkerless.
Originally built on the site of the Obadiah Brown Farm, Triggs Memorial Golf Course is a 1930s Donald Ross design which is rather flat on the front nine but displays significant elevation changes on the inward half.
Golf at Meadow Brook began in 1930 but a change of ownership in 2006 led to a complete redesign of the layout by Roger Rulewich and David Fluery, bringing water into play at no fewer than seven of the new holes.
Agawam Hunt Club's first comprehensive 18-hole course was laid out by Donald Ross in 1920 over the top of Metacomet's original Rumford layout. Geoff Cornish carried out a renovation in the 1960s and Gil Hanse was involved in a recent restoration project.