Horton Park Golf Club upped sticks from Maroochydore in 2016 after drafting in Graham Marsh to fashion a layout at Bli Bli on the banks of the Maroochy River. Hey presto, a brand new links-inspired course opened for the fledgling membership of the Maroochy River Golf Club.
Bribie Island Golf Club is located on the smallest of three large sand banks located close to Moreton Bay. Although much of the island is uninhabited, the course lies across natural sand dunes to the south of a designated national park.
Palmer Sea Reef, formerly known as Sea Temple, is an engaging Thomson, Wolveridge & Perrett links-style design located just outside the small tourist town of Port Douglas, in the tropical north region of Queensland.
Kooralbyn Valley Resort was Australia’s first golf resort when it debuted in 1979. Ownership changed hands several times before it closed for six years in 2008, but it’s now back in all its former glory following an impressive refurbishment.
Opened in 1987, Palm Meadows Golf Course quickly became a Tour stop for the Australasian Tour, attracting many big-name professionals. A serious decline in fortunes resulted in a 2010 course closure but it’s now returning to proper prosperity.
Somewhat surprisingly rated (surely by mistake) in the Second Edition of The Rolex World's Top 1000 Golf Courses, the public access East is generally considered to be the private West's understudy at the 36-hole Indooroopilly Golf Club.
The Mitsuaki Kobayashi-designed layout at Palmer Colonial debuted as Paradise Springs in 1992. Acquired by businessman Clive Palmer in 2011, the course is one of several golf facilities on Australia’s east coast now owned by the mining magnate.
Originally founded in 1931 as Enoggera Golf Club, the club changed its name to Keperra nine years later. The Old course (holes 1 to 18) is considered to be the premier configuration at this 27-hole facility.
Occupying a property that extends to 110 acres, the course at Southport Golf Club is an easy walking track, with just a mild amount of undulation in the land as the tree-lined fairways weave their way around in two returning nines.
Situated at the southern tip of Queensland’s beautiful Sunshine Coast, Caloundra Golf Club was established with a 9-hole layout in 1951. Al Howard then added another nine in 1966 to fashion the 18-hole course that’s in play today.