Win tee times at some of the world's premier courses.

Bro-Bålsta (Stora)

Bro, Stockholms län
Bro, Stockholms län
Rankings
  • AddressJurstagårdsvägen 2, 197 91 Bro, Sweden

Bro Bålsta Golf Club is the home course of Annika Sörenstam. It’s where she learned her trade as a youngster and her parents still live a few minutes away from the course.

According to Bethan Cutler writing for the Ladies European Tour ahead of the 2006 Scandinavian TPC which was held at Bro Bålsta Golf Club: Sorenstam and her sister Charlotta were two of the first junior members of the club when there were just six holes and Sorenstam recalls fond memories of the many hours she spent at the golf course:

“We were here from the beginning. We picked up moss; we had a cleaning day every year in April where we would be out there cleaning up the course and picking up twigs and everything. I would say we were the premier members. We had putting competitions; we’d hit balls on the range. We’d actually dive in these lakes to catch golf balls. We didn’t want to buy them so we’d dive in and I think it’s funny when I look at it; I remember the fun that we had,” Annika said. “I’ve mowed the fringes, I picked up the trash, and I worked in the pro shop. I have very nice memories and it’s good to be back.”

Designed by Peter Nordwall and opened for play in 1982, Bro Bålsta is a strategic course, routed over pleasantly rolling terrain and set in a tranquil, rural setting a few kilometres to the south of Bålsta. It’s a course on which to test your putting skills on some of Sweden’s trickiest greens.

It was fitting that Annika birdied the final hole to win the 2006 Scandinavian TPC title on her home course where she played since 12 years of age.

Map

Course Reviews

Leave a Review

* Required
  • 5 images maximum
  • Images must be a jpg file type and no more than 5mb
Sort By:

This course has not been reviewed.

If you have played this course, consider .

Thanks for the review

Your review has been successfully submitted and will be reviewed for approval.

Course Reviewed

You’ve already submitted a review for this course.

Please Sign In

Please sign in before submitting a review.