Cotswold Hills - Gloucestershire - England

• David Griffin

• M.D. Little

• James Latham

Reviews for Cotswold Hills

Description: It’s remarkable how mature the golf course looks now when one considers that Cotswold Hills Golf Club only moved to its present site at Ullenwood in 1976. Rating: 5 out of 10 Reviews: 1
David Baxter

Last played Cotswold Hills in October 2018. A good welcome and good facilities, with range and delightful external balconies/seating areas. Course was in good condition (including the greens) and the surrounding countryside is very nice, although there is some road noise. The course itself is fairly undulating but fairly open so plenty of room for those golfers who like to open their shoulders; I would say driving areas are fairly generous with the fairway slopes being the main concern. I had only played Cotswold Hills a couple of times before and I always think the course has much promise but never quite delivers and I'm not too sure why. I quite like a lot of the holes (not sure I have a favourite, but maybe 10 with the second shot having to be threaded through the trees to the green) but conversely I find a good number of holes bland (for example the long 598 yards 16th) There is also one hole I have always disliked, the 15th a par 3 with a big tree located right in line of a tee shot for anyone playing with a touch of draw .. just don't get this design !. So overall, worth a visit, but for me lacking a bit of something.

August 12, 2019