Situated on the edge of the massive Forêt de Marly to the west of Paris city centre, Golf & Country Club de Fourqueux was founded in 1924 and the club twice hosted the Open de France – in 1929 when Aubrey Boomer won the fourth of his five titles and in 1938 when Marcel Dallemagne claimed his third consecutive French Open victory – before World War II intervened.
In the late 1950s, a new founding committee engaged Fred Hawtree and local architect Lou Petitt to revamp the 188-acre estate and fashion three 9-hole circuits, named Rouge, Bleu and Blanc. The new golfing set-up opened on 11th May 1963 and the club has since developed its sporting amenities to offer members the likes of tennis courts and a swimming pool.
Today, the Blue and Blanc nines form the 18-hole layout of first choice at Fourqueux, playing to a par of 73, with three par fives on the Blue stretching this loop to 3,086 metres from the tips. Highlight holes include the left doglegging par five 7th on the Blue and the trio of short par fours on the Blanc (at the 3rd, 5th and 8th) which each measure less than 300 metres.