Green Eagle (North) - North West Germany - Germany

• +49 (0) 4171 78 22 41

• Torben Jürges

• Michael Blesch

• Clive Haycock

Reviews for Green Eagle (North)

Description: At 7,845 yards, the North course at Green Eagle is one of the longest courses anywhere, built to host professional tournaments and even the Ryder Cup. Besides the usual Tour styling, its defining element is the extremely undulated greens. Rating: 6.5 out of 10 Reviews: 2
Rasmus Lapp Christoffersen

First of all, a big shout out to the friendly and quick responding staff when changing reservations due to COVID. Always helpful.

If you ever wanted to test your driving skills and fairway woods, this is your change. What a tremendously long course. Fair to say, that they did warn about this prior to starting with real warning signs. I did not (and still don't) have the skills playing the back tee - few people does I guess.

Playing in the late (and wet) fall, I expected greens to be welcoming my pitch shots. Nope, hard well rolling greens chewed by ball and gladly spit it out again on the back of those greens if I just gave it the chance. Greens were in perfect conditions, especially considering the time of year. I would be afraid of them during the summer time!

Be sure to have a good look at the course map, because those fairway "bunkers" are longer than you would think. It is more or less a full beach for swans or its like to enjoy nature. I personally enjoyed this feature, but at some point it had me wonder whether I could drop out of the lake because that same lake/water was in my "bunker"!

Hole 16 is just crazy long, 17 is a wonderful par 3 and 18 is iconic with the round bunkers in the back. Either you come home smiling after playing those 3 holes or you do like me, trying to remember why I love this game!

I understand why the PROs come here. there is a challenge for everyone.

November 11, 2021

Yes sir

Played it two weeks ago. No doubt this is a tournament course. Wouldn't surprise me if the Ryder Cup lands here one day. Don't think you'll find purer greens elsewhere on this lattitude in October.

Played this monster from the tips, it's a long course, but the real reason the course is THAT long, is because of the overly long par 5s. From the backtee there's not a single corner to be be cut on this course. It's a lot of straight teeshots to wide fairways with plenty water in play. The teeshots become a little too trivial for my tasting. Come for the long tidy tournament course, stay for the short par 3s 14 and 17.

Fairway bunkers are flat and 'waste area ish', meaning drives tend to roll up against the lip.

It's a very good course. Probably worth a better score, but it lacks course management variety and is a bit too much of a struggle to my liking.

If you like to make a bunch of birdies, this isn't the course. At least not from the back.

October 22, 2021